Otterlo is a trusted partner for institutional 
landowners 

 
RFSK_1.jpeg
landowner TH 4.jpg
thlogo.jpeg

The Corporation of Trinity House's Elder Brethen was incorporated in 1514 by Henry VIII to regulate pilotage in the ‘Kings’ streams’. Today Trinity House, a royal charter, is the official authority for lighthouses, buoys, radio/satellite communication systems and pilotage in England, Wales, Channel Islands and Gibraltar.

Trustees of Trinity House selected Otterlo, in consortium with Galliard Group and Acorn Property Group to redevelop an urban block within the charity's Trinity Village estate, located behind Borough High Street. The land was endowed in 1660 to the charity. Then used for growing horseradish, mint and Kale for London, today Trinity Village generates income that funds Trinity House's charitable outputs, providing education, support and welfare to the seafaring community. 

 

On completion, July 2019 Trinity House was handed the redeveloped site with Grade A commercial units and a portfolio of apartments.

Graham Hockley, Commander Royal Navy and Secretary to The Corporation of Trinity House:

2017

“We are delighted with what we think is an outstanding design, a planning permission obtained within program, and broad support from an active community. This reflects the considerable skill of Otterlo and their partners, Acorn & Galliard.

 

The ability to work hard to avoid foreseeable problems and overcome the unforeseeable reinforces our decision to find the right partners to facilitate our vision. 

As a charity taking on a project of this nature, it has been of real benefit to work with such diligent developers who have assumed the risk of the project, and allowed the charity to maintain and benefit from its investment property holdings."

2019

"Many, many thanks for showing us all round today and the creation of a great building, it looks fantastic and the trustees were bowled over"

landowner lesoco 4.jpg
logo_lesoco copy.png

Southwark College is part of the Newcastle College Group, based on a campus located opposite Southwark tube station. Through work based courses and relationships with local employers Southwark College's mission is to enable greater social mobility and economic prosperity through life-changing education.


Southwark College advertised for a developer to acquire part of their Waterloo campus as part of an enabling delivery of a new cutting edge campus. The college required a developer with a track record of working in partnership with landowners.

Otterlo devised a sale contract with commitments to: obtain on behalf of the college build over agreements from Thames Water relating to a sewer passing under the new campus, deliver shared & public spaces, and grant sale-and-lease-back agreements to enable the college to remain on site during construction of their new campus. Due diligence, execution of contracts and transfer of a 25% purchase deposit were undertaken within 6 weeks. 

 

On the acquired site Otterlo brought forward 65,000sqft mixed use scheme around a new street and pocket park connecting the development to The Cut. Obtaining a lease agreement with Whitebread for a 275 key Hub Hotel, the development was purchased and delivered by Frogmore.  

Stephen Lawes, Vice Principal Estates Strategy, Southwark College:

“It’s been a relief to have experienced such productive working relationships. Acorn and Otterlo showed a flexible and collaborative approach as we managed our adjoining development projects. We have enjoyed a remarkable level of mutual trust to the benefit of our organisations.”

 
yurtcafe1_edited.jpg
landowner rfsk 4.jpg
rfsk wheel.png
logo_rfsk.png

The Royal Foundation of St Katharine, a Royal Peculiar, was founded in 1147 by Queen Matilda as a hospital for the poor outside the walls of the Tower of London.  It is one of England’s longest running charities, at one time managing schools, hospitals, workhouses across an area that is now St Katharine's Docks. 

Today, St Katharine's is centred around an urban retreat next to Limehouse Station focused on hospitality, quietly hosting 1000 plus events a year for some of the world’s leading charities and not-for-profit organisations to meet and strategise.

 

A refreshed mandate seeks to restore St Katharine’s role as a thriving community organisation focused on bringing people within their community together. Creation of a temporary community project on an adjacent gap site owned by the charity formed around a popular Yurt Café, work and training spaces, and artists’ studios is a prelude to a redevelopment that will consolidate the mandate. 

Otterlo is working with the charity to bring forward a 130,000sqft mixed used building that will provide permanent community and expanded retreat facilities around a cloistered courtyard garden and a new street, St Katrharine's Walk. This is enabled by 114 new apartments above.

daig 1.png

Options available to landowners with under-utilised property assets:

DAF DIAGRAM2.png
DAF DIAGRAM2 mob.png
OL header.png

If you would like to know more or have an opportunity you would like to discuss - give us a call or drop us an email